Date: 4 March 2021
Update on situation in Myanmar (Yangon)
Dear Valued Partners and Clients,
Please find update of the situation in Myanmar:
1. All banks are now closed in Myanmar
2. Daily limit on ATM withdrawal are now capped at USD 350 per day.
3. Liner agent such as Cosco, Oocl, Rcl, Interasia line have temporarily suspended their service into Yangon, Myanmar. While other carriers such as Samudera PIL and ACL have either increased or plan to increase the freight rates into Yangon and will only accept cash for payment in Yangon.
4. Unpacking of import container by Yangon Port Warehouse have also slowed down due to delays in payment by consignees. As such, Port Warehouse will only unpack containers where payment has been completed by all consignees.
5. Due to the above situation our weekly consol service will be cut down to a fortnightly schedule and DG shipments would be temporarily be suspended. Do note that all destination charges will be strictly prepaid.
Yangon destination charges as follow:
RELEASE ORDER FEE: USD 24 / SET
CARRIER SERVICE FEE: USD 48 / SET
HANDLING: USD 20 / RT
6. Effective 15/3/21, an additional RR of USD10/RT would be applicable on top of the current rates applied by the carriers agents in Singapore.
Kindly have this the above information made known to your respective staffs and clients.
Kindly download our PDF File for full details and information.
Management of Penanshin Shipping